About the Artist
Jason was born and raised in Maine and attended Rutgers College in the early 1970’s. He has been a Coloradan since 1976. Jason has studied extensively at the Arts Student League of Denver, the Scottsdale Artists School, as well as in numerous private workshop environments.
He comments: “It is not my priority to attempt to exactly reproduce the images around me, but to interpret them in an evocative fashion that resonates with the observer.”
- 2022: Jason continues to receive commissions from clients throughout the USA.
- 2022: His paintings commissioned in 2004 continue to be displayed at the Rocky Mountain Medical Center in Loveland, Colorado and Boulder Community Hospital.
- 2022: His work can often be viewed at Mary Williams Fine Arts Gallery in Boulder, Colorado, and at Osmosis Art Gallery in Niwot, Colorado.
- 2022: He has been an active annual participant of the Open Studios (Boulder & Longmont) Studio Tour intermittently since 2004.
- 2018: He was featured in “Artists to Watch – the Editors’ Choice for Up-and Coming Talent” in Southwest Art Magazine.
- 2017-2020: His work was represented by Worrell Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- 2017: He received the Allen Award for Excellence at the Plein Air Artists of Colorado Annual Exhibit.
- 2009-2011: He was invited to participate in the “Colorado Governor’s Invitational Art Show and Sale” exhibit at the Loveland Museum/Gallery in Loveland, Colorado.
- 2010: He was selected to prepare artwork for the Long’s Garden bus stop adjacent to 3240 Broadway in Boulder, Colorado. Installation Spring 2011.
- 2007: The painting “Big Blue” won the Jurors’ Award in the summer exhibit “Not To Scale” at the Old Firehouse Art Center in Longmont, Colorado.
- 2006: He was accepted into one of the premier representational artist associations in the country, the Oil Painters of America, as an associate member.